My research mainly concentrates on privacy in the modern society. Topics include machine learning privacy, biomedical privacy, social network privacy, and location privacy. Besides, I also work on urban informatics/computing, social media analysis, and data mining.
From January 2017 to December 2018, I was a postdoc working in the group of Michael Backes at CISPA. Prior to that, I obtained my Ph.D. degree from University of Luxembourg on November 2016. I hold my bachelor (2009) and master (2012) degrees from Shandong University, China.
- I will be a lecturer at the “Let’s GoSSIP” summer school from July 20th to 24th organized at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- One paper titled “Fairwalk: Towards Fair Graph Embedding” got accepted in IJCAI 2019. See you in Macao!
- I will join the TPC of Socinfo 2019 and TPC of PPML!
- Our new technical report on data set inference and reconstruction attacks in the online learning setting is online.
- I will join the TPC of PETS 2020!
- Our paper “MBeacon: Privacy-Preserving Beacons for DNA Methylation Data” got distinguished paper award at NDSS 2019!
- My solo-auhtored paper “Language in Our Time: An Empirical Analysis of Hashtags” got accepted in WWW 2019 as an oral presentation! See you in San Francisco!
- I will join the TPC of ISMB/ECCB 2019!
- I will join the TPC of CCS 2019!
- I presented our work on social network privacy and machine learning privacy at Tsinghua University, Zhejiang University, and Shandong Univeristy December, 2018.
- Two papers titled “ML-Leaks: Model and Data Independent Membership Inference Attacks and Defenses on Machine Learning Models” and “MBeacon: Privacy-Preserving Beacons for DNA Methylation Data” got accepted in NDSS 2019. See you in San Diego!
- I gave a talk at the Future Medicine Science Match November, 2018. Check the video!