My research mainly concentrates on privacy in the modern society. Topics include machine learning privacy, biomedical privacy, social network privacy, and location privacy. Besides, I also work on urban informatics/computing, social media analysis, and data mining.
From January 2017 to December 2018, I was a postdoc working in the group of Michael Backes at CISPA. Prior to that, I obtained my Ph.D. degree from University of Luxembourg on November 2016. I hold my bachelor (2009) and master (2012) degrees from Shandong University, China.
I have multiple opening positions for Ph.D. students working on machine learning privacy and/or biomedical privacy. The details can be found here. Drop me an email if you are interested.
I also have positions for postdocs. Drop me an email if you are interested.
I’m constantly looking for interns (2 to 3 months at any time of the year). Drop me an email if you are interested.
- My solo-auhtored paper “Language in Our Time: An Empirical Analysis of Hashtags” got accepted in WWW 2019 as an oral presentation! See you in San Francisco!
- I will join the TPC of ISMB/ECCB 2019!
- I will join the TPC of CCS 2019!
- I presented our work on social network privacy and machine learning privacy at Tsinghua University, Zhejiang University, and Shandong Univeristy December, 2018.
- Two papers titled “ML-Leaks: Model and Data Independent Membership Inference Attacks and Defenses on Machine Learning Models” and “MBeacon: Privacy-Preserving Beacons for DNA Methylation Data” got accepted in NDSS 2019. See you in San Diego!
- I gave a talk at the Future Medicine Science Match November, 2018. Check the video!
- Paper titled “You Are Where You APP: An Assessment on Location Privacy of Social APPs” got accepted in ISSRE 2018.
- Our new technical report on the guarded offline deployment of Machine Learning as a Service is online.
- Our new technical report on membership inference against machine learning models is online, the preliminary version of this work is also presented in the Privacy in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence workshop co-located with ICML.